Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Barrett!

Barrett has been so anxious for this special day of the year since a week after his birthday last year.  He has asked me many times over the past year, "Mom, how many days until my birthday?"  I usually gave him a rough estimate and made sure he knew it was a long time.  Now look at how fast the time really has gone. We are so excited for Barrett to be a big five year old.  I can't hardly believe we have been blessed to have this special boy in our family for half a decade already. :)  I wish that I could be home to celebrate with him today, but he is going to get his daddy on his birthday--ssshhh its a surprise.  We had an "un-birthday" party for him the day before we left.

  We hoped that he would understand that we couldn't be with him today.  He was a great sport about it, but every once in a while he would say, "I am going to have my real birthday party at 9:30 at night so that Mommy and Daddy can make it because they are going to be in Denver."  We decided when Brinlee moved out of the ICU and was doing so much better that Brice should be his birthday present today.  Barrett is such a bright spot in our family.  He always gives really good loves and snuggles when we need them.  He is also a great friend to his brother and sisters, always willing to play spies with Kellon or house with the girls.  We love you so much Bert!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Baret! It seems like yesterday in my mind that he was born. All your kids are growing up too fast. We love and pray for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Bertie Bert!!!! So glad you are now five and ready to get on with life. I love it when you come to my house and play cause you are such a good sport about everything! You have grown up so fast and I am excited to watch you grow some more!!!

    ReplyDelete