Thursday, January 29, 2009

Boys can't get enough of the cold!


I think that it is a boy's instinct to play in the snow.  Kellon, Barrett and even Brice (as long as a motorized vehicle is involved) will brave frigid temperatures just to go flop down in a pile of snow.  On Tuesday, Kellon disappeared, so I went searching for him.  I found that he was almost fully dressed in his snowpants, coat, snow boots, hat, and warmest gloves all by himself.  He informed me he was going outside to play in the snow, even after my warnings that it was only about 15 degrees.  I justified letting him go out because there wasn't any wind and the sun was shining.  The truth is that both of the boys really needed to get out of the house to blow off some steam.  Soon Barrett also escaped, but he was in too big of a hurry to put on the whole getup.  He put on a sweatshirt and headed outside.

I soon discovered him red-cheeked and snow-covered already.  We got all of his snow clothes on, too.





Every time I took a picture one of them seemed to be on the ground.  I guess that the snow is a magnet for those special snow clothes.  They were only outside for 15-20 minutes, but it was a welcome break from the house for everyone--except Aubree.

Aubree really wanted to join the boys, but it was too cold for a little one, and, more importantly, I would have to go outside too if she went. 
Bailey even loved the chance to play with the kids.  It has been so cold that she hasn't had much human interaction lately other than to get fed.  I think she is trying to track the cats that sleep on our door mat.  She always just looks at them with disgust from behind the fence.

3 comments:

  1. The picture of Aubree is so cute. Sometimes it's nice to have a little one to use for an excuse not to do things.

    I've been debating on whether or not to have a playlist on my blog, but after listening to your Chris LeDoux, I think I might.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is what my boys need. A good snow bath. Or just some quality time outside of their little hole in the house. I think we could all use a little break sometimes even if it is in the snow, freezing weather or no.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evee! I know this is random, but I've had an Evee themed week. First, we were driving by some old sheep barns and they made me think of you. We have lots of sheep farms around and I don't always associate you with sheep or anything, but for some reason this weekend they reminded me of you. Second, I was going through some papers and came across the christmas card we sent to you guys -- it got returned. Apparently you've moved. Anyway, I wondered again how you were doing. Third, I was commenting on Kiley's blog and (not for the first time) I wondered how you guys were doing. And then YAY! I found your blog. If it is alright with you, can I link you on my blog?

    ReplyDelete