Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pastry Chefs in Training

A couple days ago I borrowed a Lightning McQueen cake pan from a friend to make a cake for one of Teecee's friends.  Kellon and especially Barrett wanted to make their own Lightning cake, so I decided to let them try their hand at it.  Barrett helped me bake the cake while Kellon was at preschool.  Then that afternoon the two boys decorated this masterpiece.

In their defense, I have to say that Aubree got up on the table where the cake was, and she helped herself to lots of frosting before I had taken these pictures.  She mixed up the colors and ate all of the black frosting (you can imagine the mess on her face and hands when I found her), so I had to try to do some repairs.

As you can see, she was still very interested in that frosting.  Kellon and Barrett were very good sports about it.  They just said that Aubree "redecorated" it for them.  I think that it is quite a masterpiece.  The only trouble we had between them was Kellon scolding Barrett for eating too much frosting and not putting enough on the cake. :)

We all enjoyed eating the finished product!

2 comments:

  1. The boys did a great job. What nice brothers to not get upset about Aubree's 'redecorating'.

    I tried to comment on the last post but the computer is being difficult, so belated Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute cake!! Looks like fun was had by all.

    ReplyDelete