Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Weekend Away

We just back today from a Valentine's weekend getaway.  Brice and I got to go to Island Park, ID to a cabin with four other couples originally from our area to go snowmobiling and have a break from our everyday lives.  Brice had to do a lot of convincing for weeks to get me to leave our kids for three days and two nights, but I am glad that we went.  Our friends, Derek and Megan, graciously offered to watch Kellon, Barrett and Aubree for us.  They all had a great time playing with Hallie, Mason and Reece, their kids.  I am so thankful to them for giving us the chance to spend time together.  I got to ride our Skidoo Rev that we just got a couple months ago all day on Saturday.  The only mishap I had was dropping the snowmobile down into a small creek.  Luckily, a couple of the guys got it out with a snow bungee (the most useful tool this weekend).  For those of you, like me, that aren't familiar with these, it is a big rubber bungee cord that you can hook onto two sleds to tow one that is stuck out in a few seconds--so much quicker than digging, pushing and pulling for an hour.  I will have to post pictures later to show how much snow there was and how beautiful the area is.  We were glad to get home to see the kids and sleep in our own bed, but we had a great time while we were away. 
Tonight we got to have yummy chocolate cake to celebrate my parents' 30th wedding anniversary today.  What a great accomplishment!  I am so glad that we can be close our families to share in celebrations like this one with them.  

2 comments:

  1. We're so jealous! We wish we were in Island Park snowmobiling; but even more, we wish we were hanging out with you guys. We're glad you were able to take a trip and we can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got to take a trip just the two of you! Sounds like a great way to spend the weekend.

    ReplyDelete